How to CARE for your removable stoneware:
• Do not preheat the slow cooker.
• Your Crock-Pot® slow cooker makes a great server for hot beverages or dips. Keep it on the Low setting to maintain the proper serving temperature.
• A Crock-Pot® slow cooker does not have direct heat at the bottom. Therefore, always fill the stoneware at least half full to conform to recommended times. If you fill the stoneware less than half full, please note that cooking time will be affected.
• If your question still cannot be answered by using the resources available on this site, please contact us or send us your question via e-mail and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Is my Crock-Pot® slow cooker oven or microwave safe?
All Crock-Pot® slow cooker removable crockery inserts (without lid) may be used safely in the oven set up to 200° C and in the microwave. The lid of the sauté slow cookers are safe to use in the oven.
How to CLEAN your Crock-Pot® slow cooker:
• ALWAYS turn your slow cooker off, unplug it from the electrical outlet, and allow it to cool before cleaning.
• The lid can be washed in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water.
• You can remove the stoneware and wash in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaning compounds or scouring pads. A cloth, sponge, or rubber spatula will usually remove any residue. To remove water spots and other stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner or vinegar.
• As with any fine ceramic, the stoneware and lid will not withstand sudden temperature changes. Do not wash the stoneware with cold water when it is hot.
• The outside of the heating base may be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water. Wipe dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
CAUTION: Never immerse the heating base in water or other liquid.